Why should you use an INDEPENDENT insurance agent rather than a captive agent?
A captive agent represents only one insurance provider, like State Farm. An independent agent has access to numbers of insurance providers and has more options to offer clients.
Advantages of using an independent agent include:
- ability to customize insurance coverage to the client's needs (captive agents have only one carrier solution)
- monetary savings on insurance premiums by finding optimum price and coverage combinations from a large selection of insurance companies
- offering a variety of types of insurance coverage as the client's needs change (captive agents are limited to the types offered by that one company)
- the client's needs being the priority rather than the insurance company's (captive agents represent only that one company so their focus is on that company's objectives)
- better customer service (captive agents' companies are typically large, corporate entities which offer less personal service and can take longer to respond to client's needs)
If your insurance is currently serviced by a captive agent, you owe it to yourself to connect with an independent agent to see what the difference is in choices, quality of service, and savings.
As an experienced INDEPENDENT agent, I'll be glad to help you. Connect with me at 706-726-1446 for a no-pressure review.