It's Master's week in Augusta, attracting thousands of visitors to this area. With such a large number of people and vehicles in one place, parking can be an issue. If you end up parking on private property and your car is hit, here are 5 steps to take:
1. Check for injuries: The first thing you should do is check yourself and any passengers in your vehicle for injuries. If anyone is hurt, call 911 immediately.
2. Notify the authorities: Even if there are no injuries, still notify the local authorities to report the accident. They may have no formal jurisdiction on private property, but they can still generate a formal report of the accident.
3. Exchange information: Exchange information with the other driver.(s) Get their name, phone number, and insurance information.
4. Document everything: Take pictures/video of the damage to all vehicles involved. Keep a record of all the conversations you have with the other driver, authorities, and the insurance company. Take notes and keep all the documents related to the accident in a safe place.
5. Contact the insurance company: Call the insurance company of the person(s) at fault as soon as possible and report the accident. Also, follow up with them to ensure you understand what expenses will be covered by them, and that the company is working in a timely manner to settle the claim.
Above all, remember your safety and well-being are the most important factors, and everything else can be sorted out over time.
Comments are closed.