Before you sign on the dotted line, make sure you understand what it will take to insure that structure.
Here are a few red flags to insurance companies nixing coverage:
· open foundation - must be sealed in some way to keep animals away
· lack of hand railings on steps - if over a certain number of steps
· old/damaged roof - missing shingles, open soffit
· lead paint - if over a certain age, paint needs to be tested
· needs obvious extensive repairs - broken windows, sagging foundation
There are plenty of other issues that can affect a home's insurability. Connect with me before moving ahead so you don't get in over your head before you even start: 706-726-1446.