Have you noticed multiple recent media reports of carbon monoxide poisoning and fatalities among those while traveling on vacation?
This has heightened awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning as a real and silent danger that should be taken very seriously.
Here are some safety tips when traveling to avoid falling victim to this odorless, colorless gas:
· Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your room.
· Avoid sleeping in a car or truck with the engine running.
· Do not sit on a boat's swim deck while the engine is running.
· Do not use a portable fuel-burning appliance inside a tent/camper.
· Bring a portable carbon monoxide detector when staying away from home.
· Place a carbon monoxide detector in a central location, like near the sleeping area or in the living room.
Last, before you head out on an excursion, consult with your local insurance agent about what your insurance policies cover to avoid unintentional gaps.
Need help today? Call me at: 706-726-1446.
Comments are closed.