You know the importance of insuring the big-ticket items in your home like jewelry, collectibles, firearms, and art, but what about other things that can add up too?
Here's a quick rundown of high-end household items that might slip your mind when it comes to insurance:
1. Electronics: Electronics are everywhere in your life. Make sure they're protected in case of accidents or theft.
2. Musical Instruments: Do you play the guitar, keyboard, or any other instrument? Their replacement costs can be quite high, so consider insuring them properly.
3. Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories: Your wardrobe might be more valuable than you think. Designer clothes, shoes, and accessories could benefit from coverage too.
4. Smart Watches and Fitness Wearables: These can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars so ask about coverage inside the home as well as portable coverage when you're out and about.
5. Exercise and Sports Equipment: Especially since the pandemic, people have developed home gyms. Check to see if your home policy covers this equipment. Also, bikes are a common target for theft so also check about coverage not only at your home but while you're pedaling around in public.
6. Power Tools and Gardening Equipment: For the DIY enthusiasts, those power tools and equipment can be quite an investment. They're essential for home projects, so make sure they're part of your coverage.
7. Hearing Aids, Glasses, and other Special Needs Equipment: Because these can be essential to your daily living, inquire whether this equipment is included within your contents coverage - again not only at home but also while traveling outside your home.
8. Rare Books or Collectible Cards: Bookworms and card collectors, take note! If you have valuable editions or rare cards, they might be irreplaceable without proper insurance.
Know that your investments and cherished possessions are protected by working with an experienced independent insurance agent to ensure you have the coverage you need. Have questions? Call me @ 706-726-1446.