Floods, wild fires, tornadoes, hail, wind storms - all weather events that can wreak quick havoc and destruction to your home, vehicles, and other personal property.
Many times these weather events are unexpected and happen without much time to prepare.
Instead of getting caught off guard, prepare for weather events before they happen.
What do you need to do to be as prepared as possible? Here are several things to do that you may not have thought of that will be extremely helpful in these situations.
1. Have an inventory of your property and possessions and include a video documenting them.
2. Develop an emergency plan with your family so if a weather event strikes unexpectedly, you can have a central meeting place already designated to meet up.
3. Keep a paper copy of all your important papers in a fireproof, waterproof container (and include the info from #1 above in there, too.)
4. Create a bag of emergency supplies and make sure all family members know where it is.
5. Consider each member of your family making a "go to" bag with essentials in it that they can grab quickly in case quick evacuation from your property is necessary.
You want to have ample insurance coverage so when damage occurs, you don't have to be blindsided.
As an experienced independent agent, I have access to multiple insurance carriers and can help you pick an option that best suits your needs.
Have you reviewed your current coverage lately? Do you know if there are other options that better protect you and your assets? Call me at 706-726-1446 to see.